Although baby isn't here yet, I've done extensive research on baby carriers and we hope to be a baby carrying loving family. I've heard a lot of great reviews of ERGObaby carriers and couldn't wait to get my hands on one.
One of the main points in my research was to ensure that baby's legs and posture were ergonomically correct for carrying.
These images are from the International Hip Displasia Institute. While they don't endorse any particular carrier they provide the valuable information needed to be sure your baby is in a proper position while in a harness/carrier.
From the IHDI "The most unhealthy position for the hips during infancy is when the legs are held in extension with the hips and knees straight and the legs brought together, which is the opposite of the fetal position. The risk to the hips is greater when this unhealthy position is maintained for a long time. Healthy hip positioning avoids positions that may cause or contribute to development of hip dysplasia or dislocation. The healthiest position for the hips is for the hips to fall or spread (naturally) apart to the side, with the thighs supported and the hips and knees bent. This position has been called the jockey position, straddle position, frog position, spread-squat position or human position. Free movement of the hips without forcing them together promotes natural hip development."
With that said, ERGObaby is happy to boast their design supports the correct sitting position for the baby's hip, pelvis and spinal developement. Which is why we're thrilled to be reviewing one for your when baby girl gets here. In the meantime, we're excited that ERGObaby is generously offering one of Vintage Indie's readers the chance to win one of their very own.
- Collection: ergobaby® Original
- Exclusive Options Cover capability. Options Covers sold separately.
- Carrier body: 100% cotton canvas
- Carrier lining: 100% cotton poplin
- Carrier weight: 1.52 lbs / 690 grams
- Sleeping Hood: Integrated, 100% cotton poplin with elastic edging and snap-to-strap attach. Supports baby’s head while sleeping and protects from sun and wind. Adjusts in length with 5 snap levels for growth of baby.
- Shoulder straps: Padded with 1” high-density premium foam, expanding from 24” to 45”
- Waist strap: Padded with 1.4” high-density EVA foam, expanding from 26” to 49”
- Chest strap: Sliding adjustment
- Fill: 100% cotton batting in body of carrier to soften edges
- Small zippered stuff pouch, doubles as Sleeping Hood storage when unzipped.
- Large zippered storage pocket holds your wallet, keys, and mobile phone
- CPSIA compliant
- JPMA Safety Certificated: Conforms to ASTM F2236 Safety Standards
- Buckles test: SGS
We're happy with the black carrier. For one, dad can feel comfortable wearing it and it not be all "girly". We're also happy to have the Options Carrier becasue of their Options Covers India collection!
I love the Indie Options Covers for me, they have a very vintage vibe to them. They easily just snap to the carrier to change up the look for the day.
The options carrier accomodates babies from newborn (with the infant insert, to 45lbs)
Now you have the opportunity to with the Options Baby Carrier for you or a friend! Even if you've already had your baby, with the 45lbs weight limit this carrier will be helpful for a long time.
TO ENTER: Visit the Punch Tab Box Below. There are multiple ways to enter.
BONUS ENTRY: Subscribe to Vintage Indie's RSS feed! You won't want to miss a single article or giveaway here.
Truth in Review/Giveaway: The above products were provided free of charge for our giveaway. We were not paid for any content in our review/giveaways and the review/giveaway is that of our personal opinions. Please visit in September for our full product review of the ERGObaby Options Baby Carrier - Gabreial Wyatt, Editor. Visit our Disclaimer/Disclosure Page for more info.