We're trying new things around here and we're switching things up a bit. Instead of acorn squash, I'm stuffing sweet potatoes.
What you need:
- 2-4 Sweet Potatoes
- 1lb ground beef
- Bunch of Kale (your favorite kind)
- One onion
- A few leaves of sage
- Salt & Pepper
- Fresh garlic
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
Preheat the oven to 425
- Wash the sweet potatoes and bake 45-1hr.
- Meanwhile, brown the ground beef and saute onions along with the beef
- Add minced garlic to the pan and saute
- Add the chopped kale and sage and cook until wilted
- Season with salt & pepper
Once the sweet potatoes are finished baking completely, slice in half and smoosh down the sweet potato to make room for the filling. Fill each half with the ground beef mixture. Top with cheddar cheese and place under the broiler for a minute or so to melt the cheese. Each potato was enough for each person in our family. You could always serve this with a small side salad to add more veggies.