Are you looking for a delicious fall treat for breakfast or an after school snack? Why don't you give Katie's pumpkin granola recipe a try. It's low on sugar too!
2 Cups Steel Cut Oats (Do not use quick cooking oats)
¼ tsp Salt
1 ½ tsp Cinnamon
2 Tbsp Milled Flax Seed
¼ Cup Stevia in the Raw
½ Cup Raw Almonds
1 Tbsp Vanilla
¾-1 Cup Canned Pumpkin
¼ Cup Brown Sugar
¼ Cup Honey
3 Tbsp Virgin Coconut Oil
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put Oats, Salt, Cinnamon, Flax Seed, Stevia, and Almonds in a mixing bowl.
2) In a saucepan, combine Vanilla, Pumpkin, Brown Sugar, Honey, and Coconut Oil and heat until the honey and coconut oil is viscous and combined.
3) Pour the liquid mix over the dry ingredients and mix until its all combined.
4) Spread mixture onto a sheet tray and place in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
5) Remove from oven and turn the granola over with a spatula, making sure it will be baked evenly. Lower oven temp to 325, and repeat this process for another half hour, turning the granola over after 15 minutes.
6) Once done, the granola will be a dark amber color. It will not be crispy until completely cooled so allow to cool then eat away!
My favorite memories growing up always revolve around the kitchen, or cooking. Stringing green beans on the swing with my Grandma Sebert, making pie dough with Grandma Jo in the kitchen at the farm, or baking and decorating an array of cookies with my Mother. So it came as no surprise to me when I quit nursing school midway to do what I loved most . . . Cook, and Bake!
Since I began Culinary School, I have undertaken an array of different venues from an Italian kitchen, a quaint local bakery, and most recently a cruise ship kitchen. My journey is only just beginning as I set out to learn, share and bake my way through life. - Katie Kelley